Thursday, February 21, 2008

3 Different Autopia Licenses

Here are the three different card stock Autopia licenses I have in my collection. Let's play Highlights Magazine and see who can spot the differences.

What's interesting to me is that two of them are stamped within six months of the park's opening. Does that mean the paper license from my last post from from later in the 50s? I always thought it was earlier, but then I looked at these two more carefully, and now I have no idea.

Or...was the paper one made available only to people who bought the specific attraction ticket and the card stock ones only for ticket book holders???


4 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'm with you, I think these were the ones for people who used ticketd from booklets. I always assumed these were newer, but after seeing your "stub" post, this seems like the best possbility. GREAT POST!

Major Pepperidge said...

Hmm, this is interesting. I had no idea that there were three variations on the licenses! This is such a simple idea for a souvenir, but obviously lots of people held on to their copies!

Anonymous said...

Jed,

How can I get hold of you to email you some pictures?

Don Ballard

jedblau said...

Hey, Don...good to hear from you. Email me at jedblau@yahoo.com