Saturday, December 8, 2007

You Have Been "ALUMINATED!"




This nice and shiny card was handed out, like much of the cooler collectible Disneyland paper, as a free premium for visiting the Kaiser Aluminum Exhibit at Disneyland. They must have made lots of these, based on the serial number, but for some reason, they don't appear on the market very often. In fact, I didn't even know they existed until I had been collecting this stuff for at least 10 years. Check Ebay every now and then; a few have appeared in the past.

I have personally never doubted that aluminum really is the brightest star in the world of metals. In fact, I live my life around that basic tenet. Just for the record.

I love it when the Disneyland graphic is dropped into an ordinary font.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Wonderful! Wow, I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these!

Jason Schultz said...

What a fun card! Did your purchase of it also transfer the official recognition of appreciation of why aluminum is The Brightest Star in the World of Metals, or did that stay with the original owner?