Thursday, December 13, 2007

1956 Art Corner "Catalogue"








A 1956 mail order catalog from the fabulous Art Corner. No attraction posters or signed biographies in this one, but since it's the earliest Art Corner catalog I have, I posted it first. I hope everyone finds the contents of this "catalogue" both interesting and unique. I'm certain, however, that everyone will find the contents to be ridiculously affordable.

I wanted to remind everyone that if there's a particular piece that you'd like to see featured on this blog, let me know. I aim to please, so if I have it, I'll post it. And, if anyone out there feels like contributing, don't be shy.

7 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

I've already sent off my order to Box 613. (Suckers!)

THANKS for posting this!!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Walt Disney Original Celluloid Drawings. A $1.47 each -- A little steep don't you think? My oh my, if only I could....Ah never mind! This is probably one of the most incredible Disneyland paper items I have ever seen. This is what blogging is all about, sharing things that we never knew existed. Thank you very much VDG. It is appreciated beyond words.

Major Pepperidge said...

Wonderful, thanks for scanning this amazing catalog. Like everyone else, my head is spinning at the thought of being able to buy cels, sets of Art Corner postcards, Jumbo postcards, most items for much less than $2.

Matterhorn1959 said...

One of my favorite catalogs.

Dan Goodsell said...

Jed -

I am really enjoying your blog. Pretty much everything you have shown so far I have never even heard of. It is fun that you are covering such great rare stuff.

At one time I had some of the paste up artboards for this catalog. Long since sold...maybe to you ...I dont remember.

jedblau said...

Thanks, Dan. Nice to have you here.

Anonymous said...

[weeping]