Tuesday, December 11, 2007

1967 Tomorrowland Press Pass


This is a stick-on decal given to the press covering the 7/2/67 opening of the new Tomorrowland, which featured the debut of the beloved Peoplemover and Adventures Thru Inner Space. There's a nice press kit for this opening out there, but I've never acquired it. Though I do have a really cool informational handout and press schedule with awesome graphics that I will post at some point. It also features the rocket logo seen here, except the heavy-stock paper is cut in such a way that you can make the rocket look like it's blasting off. Too cool.

5 comments:

Jason Schultz said...

I can't wait to see more '67 Tomorrowland stuff. The 1998 Tomorrowland media credential isn't as neat as this vintage one, but they do both feature rockets...

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I can' wait either! NICE TICKET!!!! I so wish I could go back to 67' and use it! I love the low serial #....

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe it! I was there on that day (my dad was press) and I wore a sticker just like that. I never thought I'd see one again.

Of course it's long gone--as is, I'm very sorry to say, the press kit that we had. I do have some Kodak Brownie B&Ws from that day somewhere at home. Maybe I'll dig them up over the holiday and send some scans to Matterhorn, Daveland or the Major...

jedblau said...

Yes, please do!! We would love to see them.

walterworld said...

Great paper items jedblau---

I wish they would have left the 1967 Tomorrowland intact.

That's 'progress' I suppose...